The holiday season is upon us and in the hustle and bustle of preparations and shopping, it’s important to remember the words of Randi Owsley. An admin and group expert in information, Randi encourages us to shop small, local, and most importantly, support women-run businesses. We’ve compiled a list of some such businesses that deserve recognition, and support:
Health and Wellness Services
- Red Yoga by Karin Marie, a Group Expert and Top Contributor, where she offers mindful yoga classes for better physical and mental wellness. Check them out on Facebook.
- Alinea Health, Wellness Clinic offers programs for weight loss. Visit alineahealth.us for more information.
- Boise Skin + Body: Luci Anderson offers skin analysis, home care regimens, facials, body waxing, and permanent make-up services. Check out the packages and retail options on www.boiseskin.square.site or follow their Instagram page @boiseskin.
Art and Photography
- Amanda Jane Photography: Amanda Sears Schiavi loves photographing families, senior portraits, small weddings, and elopements.
- Jacquie Daly Art: Jacquie makes and sells diverse art-pieces ranging from murals along the Greenbelt to ornaments, canvases, and prints. You can purchase her art at www.jacquiedaly.com.
Retail and Gifts
- Tator Jo Idaho Kids: Kaysi Mooney focuses on making clothing for Idaho kids. Follow this Idaho-centric apparel company on their Facebook and Instagram, TatorJo_IdahoKids.
- ChambreRaya Boutique: Jenny Downing’s women’s boutique store offers clothing, shoes, accessories, and gifts. Located in Downtown Eagle.
- Pixie Papers & Bows: Lisa Magner helps customers with all gift wrapping needs! Check out her assortment of gift wrapping options on her site Pixie Papers & Bows.
- Easton Timber Co: Pattie Pischel offers custom décor, gifts, and goodies for year-round events. Custom orders are accepted on her website Easton Timber Co.
- For jewelry lovers, Richelle Rasmussen makes personalized bracelets for moms and little ones. Message her to place an order!
Services for Your Home
- Eagle Carpet Pros: Contact Jessica G for professional carpet services and visit Eagle Carpet Pros to learn more.
- Savory Girl Idaho: Robin Wearden Cabrini makes delicious charcuterie & grazing tables. Check out her packages and gift cards at Savory Girl Idaho.
- JKE Home Reset: Amber Dodd Gamble specializes in functional organization for your home. Visit JKE Home Reset for their services.
- MCF Window Cleaning: Danielle McColloch’s business continues cleaning windows and gutters in winter. They offer screen removal and cleaning services.
- Hawaiian Built Roofing: Sandra Isabel Daffer offers roofing services including gutter cleaning, roof clearing and replacements.
Food and Dining
- Kate’s Meals Eagle: Katie Jorgens will have an extra menu for holiday gatherings and food for Christmas.
- Savory Girl Charcuterie & Grazing Gift Cards: Robin Wearden Cabrini adds a gourmet touch to gatherings with her Charcuterie & Grazing tables. Check out her services at Savory Girl Idaho.
- Beef Tallow Balm: Brittni B makes organic balm from beeswax, grass-fed and finished tallow, avocado oil, and other ingredients; chapstick is also available.
Supporting small, local, and especially women-owned businesses have a significant impact on local economies and families. This holiday season, reflect the spirit of giving by shopping small and local. Everyone wins when we support one another.